Recommended for 4.9mm OD
- 1 - 5.0mm FLATTENING DRILL for 5.0mm guide sleeve (tight)
- Flattening Drills are designed to flatten the alveolar ridge when a pointed alveolar crest would deflect the initial drill off to one side or the other, buccal or lingual.
- Once the angled bone is flattened a round bur can be used to start the osteotomy without deflection.
- 4 Drills for Initiating a Crestal Sinus Elevation: 2.5mm OD x 2mm L, 2.5mm OD x 3mm L, 2.5mm OD x 4mm L, 2.5mm OD x 5mm L - 5mm Shaft
Included in 3.9mm Depth Stop Drill Set only. Optional in 4.4 and 5.0 Depth Stop Drill Sets.
- Drills for Initiating a Crestal Sinus Elevation are to be used to initiate the sinus elevation without perforating the sinus membrane.
- 25 - 4.4mm 2° Tapered Depth Stop Drills: Designed to be used with stereolithographic printed guides.
- Always start with the smallest drill (1.5 - 2.2mm OD x 6mm L) followed by increasing drill lengths to the final drill size for the osteotomy site: 1.5-2.2mm OD x 6mm L → 2.0-2.9mm OD x 6mm L → 2.7-3.6mm OD x 6mm L → 3.4-4.3mm OD x 6mm L
- Stainless Steel Container 3 ⅝ ” x 4 ¼” x 2 ¾”
- From the cone beam X-ray evaluation estimate the thickness of the bone below the sinus.
- Start with the 2mm drill through the guide sleeve. If the 2mm drill does not perforate the bone floor of the sinus when checking with the periodontal probe, continue to use the next drill length up (3mm to 5mm drill tip lengths) checking after each drill length to see if it perforates the crestal floor of the sinus with the periodontal probe.
- When the floor of the sinus is perforated switch to versa drills used in reverse to elevate the sinus membrane.
- The Versa drills are used to widen the opening from 2.5mm in order to place graft material.
- Tri-spade vertical length to tip: 5mm x stop shaft: 4.4mm OD
- The Pilot Drill is a tri-spade designed to initiate the osteotomy through the dense cortical bone. Recommendation: use Flattening Drill prior to the Pilot Drill.
Caution: When the Pilot Drill becomes dull it should be replaced to prevent sequential depth stop drills from becoming dull. *Also sold separately
Drill Sequence: (5.0mm)
Example: Drill sequence for up to 4.5mm diameter implant depending on the density of the bone. 2.2mm x 6mm drill → by 2.2mm x 8mm drill → by 2.2 x 10mm drill.
- ASTRA implant sizes: 3.6, 4.2
- STAUMANN implant sizes: 9, 3.3, 4.1
- Once the desired depth (10mm) is reached start increasing the next larger drill diameter which is 2.8 x 10mm
- followed by the 3.3 x 10mm
- complete drilling with the drill from the implant manufacturer’s kit or place the 4.5 x 10mm implant.
- If the manufacture’s largest drill is smaller than the 3.3mm drill - use it and omit the use of the 3.3mm drill and use the manufactures drill.
- All of the drills can be used through the guide sleeve.
***Users of DePlaque Inc. drills have the responsibility to determine whether the diameter and length of these products are suitable for the particular surgical procedure.